Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am looking to file a motion to dismiss with prejudice in NJ municipal court

Customer Question

I am looking to file a motion to dismiss with prejudice in NJ municipal court for failure to prosecute and for violating my right to a speedy trial. Do I need to summarize the case in my motion? I hold a professional license in NJ that is about to expire and will not renew, due to this delayed case.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature; and (C) There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. If this is being filed within the actual case, then there is no need to summarize every nuance. However, the Court will normally want a quick summary of the important points and points that help establish one's argument for the motion either:
1) Under the FACTS part of the motion; or
2) In a brief attached with the motion.
So not a complete summary, but the important points.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.