Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What happens when arresting officer enters a place of business

Customer Question

What happens when arresting officer enters a place of business and arrests and searches business without a warrant. Witnesses statements are disregarded and only testimony is perjured testimony by a prejudiced police officer ( who has been fired since the imcident) Later the Police Chief was also let go. There are no reputable law enforcement officials to testify but the incident is bond over for trial. Decision as to whether or not to go to trial must be decided by victim in a matter of minutes. My son who was running the business fo9r my husband (who is now deceased) has been living this nightmare for about five years. Since my son is disabled with diabetes, acute degenerative arthritis he takes the plea bargain believing he would get a SIS. Instead he is given 5 years probation. When he reports to PO he is treated with rudeness and disrespect and belittlement constantly and cursed. The PO has never asked for a prescription list from him, evnthough he must be on meds continually. The PO told me when drug test comes back positive then he would ask about Rx's. But he didn't. My son s health has deteriorated so much he can hardly care for himself . The PO swore at him when he told the PO he was disabled and said .What the hells wrong with you ..........Well you will lose that ! Never giving him an oportunity to explain. My question is without reputable on the job law enforcent officers, how could this have gone so far ? the police were wrong and were fired but the case goes on after the fact and even without testimony from my sons witnesses ??? Is this legal ?? It certainly isn't justice. Hes in jail PO has recommended revocation of probation. There isn't any justice in this. My Son is innocent all they found was a little pipe which came from a car he detailed for a customer who had purchased it at an auction. Because of that done in an illegal search my Son has lost the business, his reputation, a lot of money and time, the loss of his Dad, Grandparents and now I fear for his life as I don't know that the jailer is giving him his meds or if hes even being given meals for a diabetic. Please help me and tell mewhat to do. I have NO money for an attorney.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Why did the police come to the business to arrest him? What was their purpose for being there to begin with to even conduct the search?
Have you contacted the public defender's office yet to get him a public defender?