Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

I drank to a blackout and threatened somebody I haven't seen

Customer Question

I drank to a blackout and threatened somebody I haven't seen since I was a teen, now 30. I forgot I even did it and don't even know where he lives. I don't even know what I said but he showed the message to the cops. We smoothed things over and I apologized and got help immediately for my drinking? Should I be worried?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
When did this happen?
What was the nature of the threat?
Was a police report filed with the police?
Have you been questioned by law enforcement or any criminal charges filed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not been questioned this situation happened on the 8 of june I believe. As far as I know no police report was filed he just showed the message.
Thank you for your follow up.
What was the nature of the threat?
What is the position of the person who you threatened?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the nature was one of me beating him up for something that happened in high school. the position of the person is one of forgiveness and as far as I know he does not intend to press any charges. Like I said we talked afterwards and smoothed things over.
Thank you for your follow up. Generally, the police is unlikely to pursue criminal charges and to make an arrest, if the victim does not wish to prosecute the person who made the threats, especially if the threats were not death threats, however, it is important not to discuss the matter with anyone and if approached or question by the police, not to answer any questions and to demand to speak to a local attorney, since anything that is said by a suspect during any criminal investigation, would only be used against the suspect. I wish you the best of luck!
Do you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Do you have any related follow up questions for me?