Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I sent a picture of a penis (not my own) to an adult female.

Customer Question

I sent a picture of a penis (not my own) to an adult female. She is now saying she will press charges. Should I start looking for an attorney?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel. Thank you for requesting I provide you information in this regard.Please tell me why did you send it? Was it requested?Do you know the recipient?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a lapse in judgment. It was not requested. I do know the recipient, but she does not know it was me since I was using a different number.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you. You could be charged with the crime of 847.011 Prohibition of certain acts in connection with obscene, lewd, etc., materials; penalty.That would be a misdemeanor in the first degree and carries a possible penalty of a fine not to exceed $1000 and a possible jail sentence of up to 1 year. The law in the Link I provided prohibits the following: (1)(a) Except as provided in paragraph (c), any person who knowingly sells, lends, gives away, distributes, transmits, shows, or transmutes, or offers to sell, lend, give away, distribute, transmit, show, or transmute, or has in his or her possession, custody, or control with intent to sell, lend, give away, distribute, transmit, show, transmute, or advertise in any manner, any obscene book, magazine, periodical, pamphlet, newspaper, comic book, story paper, written or printed story or article, writing, paper, card, picture, drawing, photograph, motion picture film, figure, image, phonograph record, or wire or tape or other recording, or any written, printed, or recorded matter of any such character which may or may not require mechanical or other means to be transmuted into auditory, visual, or sensory representations of such character, or any article or instrument for obscene use, or purporting to be for obscene use or purpose; or who knowingly designs, copies, draws, photographs, poses for, writes, prints, publishes, or in any manner whatsoever manufactures or prepares any such material, matter, article, or thing of any such character; or who knowingly writes, prints, publishes, or utters, or causes to be written, printed, published, or uttered, any advertisement or notice of any kind, giving information, directly or indirectly, stating, or purporting to state, where, how, of whom, or by what means any, or what purports to be any, such material, matter, article, or thing of any such character can be purchased, obtained, or had; or who in any manner knowingly hires, employs, uses, or permits any person knowingly to do or assist in doing any act or thing mentioned above, commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. A person who, after having been convicted of a violation of this subsection, thereafter violates any of its provisions, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.(b) The knowing possession by any person of three or more identical or similar materials, matters, articles, or things coming within the provisions of paragraph (a) is prima facie evidence of the violation of the paragraph.(c) A person who commits a violation of paragraph (a) or subsection (2) which is based on materials that depict a minor engaged in any act or conduct that is harmful to minors commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.​Thank you
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloPlease let me know what other information I can provide. Thank you