Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I have had bogus charges of domestic battery against me to

Customer Question

i have had bogus charges of domestic battery against me to keep me from my wife and kids. it was dismissed but i plead guilty to violating a pfa and still have to do 1 year probation and the pfa or restraining order is signed in red ink by the notary. i feel like my family is in trouble and being forced to press charges and i can't help them please help me.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Your lawyer is correct. Any kind of attempted contact would be considered a violation of the protective order. You are required to leave the complainant completely alone.
As the underlying case was dismissed, however, I am confused as to why you would say that they are being forced to press charges. Are their new charges being pressed?
The complainant can go to the prosecutor and ask that the protective order be lifted, or that it be limited to allow you some contact. That has to be something that she wants to do, however. Any attempt on your part to contact her to try to get her to lift the order will be seen as another violation of the PFA and of your probation and will likely land you back in jail. Your lawyer may be able to negotiate something on your behalf in that regard.