Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

We went out with friends I'm 20 she's 16 I just met her that

Customer Question

We went out with friends I'm 20 she's 16 I just met her that night, she was a virgin, we we're all drinking alcohol but later on in the night we ended up having sex. She was kissing me and asked if I had a condom and I said yes she said put it on. We then had sex I didn't know she was a virgin. She wasn't upset at all during or after. The next morning some people found out and must have said something. I asked if she told anyone and she said everyone knew so she wasn't going to lie. I said well it wasn't rape or anything like that right and she said yes you're right. But she also said if I was sober it wouldn't have happened and I said same here. So I want to know if she was to change her mind out of fear or something and say it was rape could I get in trouble or through the parents?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Yes. If she changes her mind and tells her folks that you got her drunk and that's the only reason she consented to sex, then that could get you charged with rape.