Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Search warrant calls counterfeit federal notes papers

Customer Question

search warrant calls for papers counterfeit federal notes papers and all that may produce such they find nothing in the description of warrant and i am arrested and charged w/ drug possession
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10 Vicodin found in some closet shirt pocket when there was a script for the drug in the refrigerator
charged and convicted and forced to plead guilty or stay in jail the warrant called for search of home all vehicles attics and garages and autos charged wife and i both, granted prop 36 and completed successfully 2 people same house prop 36 no easy task to complete . wife busted for small quantity of meth less than 1 gram and i for 10 Vicodin in my home was destroyed and dogs left w/ out care in home all day and night ..
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Unfortunately, if during the scope of a lawful search the police stumble upon contraband, they can arrest you for the possession of the contraband and charge you with another crime.
You could have fought the case but you decided to take a plea. That means you gave up the right to confront the evidence against you at hearings and trial. Also, by taking a plea, you become unable to sue the police for a false arrest. By definition, your own admission of guilt makes a false arrest "true."
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.