Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

Ok how to get paper work on a case faster?? there must be a

Customer Question

ok how to get paper work on a case faster?? there must be a way
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Do you mean paperwork that has been filed in a case? What kind of delays are you experiencing now and why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well my friends just got in trouble 2 weeks ago. They just got their "discovery" yesterday and i have been in trouble before n know they keep certain documents from the person the d.a is trying to prosecute. Is there anyway to get the full report on there case?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
If you are talking bout police reports or other parts of the investigation then no, just through discovery. The court can set a specific deadline on when they have to provide those documents but that is the only way to get them. Many people believe that sending Freedom of Information requests or Open Records requests will get the items but police investigations are actually exempt from those so long as a case is pending. They only become available once the statute of limitations has passed or they are formally declared closed.