Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Back in 2007 I was sentenced year in jail and I believe

Customer Question

Back in 2007 I was sentenced for a year in jail and I believe 3 years probation and I was ordered to pay restitution for stealing quarters from a car wash and Aarson. There were 3 football players involved including me we got this same sentence. Since my release I've paid 500$ a month and have not violated not been back to jail. The other two have and when they got out they didn't have to pay restitution anymore? Anyways it's been eight years of me struggling to pay five hundred a month and bcuz of the interest on the 75k I'm hardly even scratching the due amount? Am I screwed ? Is there nothing I can do ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Can you tell me, was the charge a felony charge?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me, you mention 75k...was that the fine? Restitution ?