Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

If i have violated my county probation and a warrant is issued

Customer Question

If i have violated my county probation and a warrant is issued for non compliance can my probation be reinstated if arrested
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Yes, it's possible that even after a violation of your probation that the judge will restore you to probation. I have seen that happen many times. But whether it's likely in your particular case will depend on many different factors.
Was your non-compliance due to a technical violation or were you arrested on a new matter? If arrested, was the charge a misdemeanor or a felony? How long have you been on probation? How far do you still have to go? How well do you get on with your probation officer.