Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son just got a ticket a red light, then they

Customer Question

My son just got a ticket for running a red light, then they discovered a bench warrant going back 6 years. What could be his penalty? It was originally for driving under suspension. He now has a valid license. The original penalty was 7 days work release. He showed up at the jail for it and they told him they were full and his name wasn't on the list. He had a public defender at the time who had personal issues of her own. He couldn't get a hold of her and had no correspondence from her and he went on with his life.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  joelaws8 replied 1 year ago.
Good morning and thank you for the question. Did they release him with a citation, or is he still in custody?