Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My grandson has been out on bond 3rd Dui The first

Customer Question

my grandson has been out on bond for his 3rd Dui The first one he went a 30 day rehab. He successfully went through program. All was well but he got another dui. Being a youngman,living with his 80 year old grandmother due to economics,and having no transportation she would take and pick him up to workand back/He was shamed so he drove before his license was cleared. He was told to get a motor scooter. When we went to buy, we asked the dealer if he needed a drivers license , we were told no. Of course he felt the taste of freedom and driving home with a few drinks he was ticked for drunk driving and without a license. This has ended up being two years of postpoments and he had a trial and found guilty. Va. law says 2 years. He has final heaaring 23 of this month. during this one court date have expaned over two years during the whole time he has paid to wear an ankle brachlet worked and been without alcohol and has become the man he should be, now they want him 2 years in jail. He has never missed probation ,failed test, and always working and really become a better person. He went through rough times as father and mother were alocholics/
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good evening. I certainly understand what he is going through. Can you please so kind as to share with me what your question is? Also, you said for the first DUI, he did 30 days rehab, what sentence was imposed for the second?