CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

Been charged with 2 dui in 2 different county's been over

Customer Question

Been charged with 2 dui in 2 different county's been over 15 months since first one still haven't been to court. 2nd one was 3 months ago and I have court next week for it should I let the court know I have a prior pending or will they run them concurrent
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
What State is this in?
Just wanted to follow up and see if you are still with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tx
Thank you for the additional information. It is going to be hard to run them concurrent, since they are in two different counties and the length of time of probation is likely going to be greater and you are looking at jail time, on the second. If they were in the same county, it would be easier to consolidate the cases and resolve them together, having the probationary sentence run concurrent. However, if you resolve the 1st case and 2nd case at different times, probation will start at different times, so they would have different end dates. Once the case is resolve, you do want to advise the court where the open case is that you were just placed on probation and see if they would agree to impose a probation length that is close in time. As I shared though, if they do not seek jail time on the first, they likely will for the second. You can advise that you are on probation in another county and see if they would recognize some of the same things you have or already done and give you credit for them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even being under 21 they could suggests jail time
Yes, certainly, as a result of this being your second DUI. Even under 21, they could impose it and will likely seek some jail time.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!