CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I am going to court dui in AZ. This is my 2nd. I have

Customer Question

I am going to court for a dui in AZ. This is my 2nd. I have been granted a plea deal for minimum sentencing as I this is my 1st offense. The prosecutor must not have found any priors. If I tell them in court I have no priors and take the deal woul there be any repercussions?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. It all depends on if they place you under oath. When the Judge accepts and imposes the plea, you would be under oath. If that is the case and they ask you if you have any other DUI cases open or closed and you fail to disclose, you would be lying under oath and could face repercussions. However, if you are not asked, then it is up to the prosecutor to perform their due diligence and check your record to see if there is anything. You do not need to offer anything but can not lie under oath. If you do lie, the question always becomes how and if they will find out. If anything, it will be the DMV who sees your record and imposes the proper suspension of your license for having 2 DUIS. If this will get back to the court and if any action would be taken is unknown.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!