CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

My license was revoked and I missed my court date. A warrant

Customer Question

my license was revoked and I missed my court date. A warrant was put out and I was arrested and given a new court date. I now have my license back. what do I need to show the judge?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Can you share with me what the court case was for? I am just trying to get an idea of what the original charge was, that you failed to appear on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was driving with a revoked license. It was revoked because my insurance had lapsed a year prior and I had not renewed my registration. Everything is now been cleared except I missed the date for driving without a license. I DO have my license back though
Thank you. Yes, you do want to appear in court and show the Judge that the situation has been corrected. You want to show that the license is now valid, has been reinstated and that you have proper insurance and a current registration. When you do so, you can also explain the basis for missing court ( if you want) and ask the court to possible consider dismissing the charge or amending it, since it has been corrected or imposing the minimum fines and court costs.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!