Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I came home drunk the other night and got in a heated

Customer Question

I came home drunk the other night and got in a heated argument with my girlfriend I ended up punching a hole in the wall and was arrested for criminal damage (m1) and dissordaly conduct(m1) I stayed the night in jail. My girlfriend does not want to press charges and is going to talk to the judge so I can go back home, I have no prior charges and have never been in trouble, what is likely to happen x
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:
1) Have you had a court date, yet? If so, what happened?
2) Did the girlfriend tell you that she is going to talk to the Judge or prosecutor, or, she actually has an appointment set up with the prosecutor?
3) What state is this in?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.