Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

I had an overpayment of unemployment of 9k from Michigan in

Customer Question

I had an overpayment of unemployment of 9k from Michigan in 2009!I did what I was told and got a job stopped collecting!6 years later they took my federal return of 19k and they did issue warrant in 2011 because I never answered them because I did not get my mail because I moved!I will pay every penny!Will they act on warrant?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Unfortunately, generally, once a warrant is issued for felony unemployment fraud, not only the person against whom the warrant was issued would have to pay back any money owed to UE office, plus any penalties and interest, but also criminal charges would be pursued, so it is very important to hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney to represent you in this pending criminal case, since arrest warrants do not go away or expire until the wanted person surrenders and faces the charges.
You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!
Do you have any related follow up questions for me?