CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

Can the court randomly drug test someone? I was arrested for

Customer Question

Can the court randomly drug test someone? I was arrested for possesion of marijuana about 3 months ago i was 17 at the time im 18 now. I just passed a drug test and my current case is getting expunged. Can the court randomly drug test you? I live in Florida.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Is the person on probation or in a drug court / diversion program? Is there any open case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I underwent a drug class, the case i wrapping up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The case is wrapping up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This case went to juvinelle court
If the matter is still open, then they can and I have seen, the Judge ask the defendant to submit to a random drug test in court. Once the case is closed and the defendant is not under the supervision of the court or state, they could not drug test but if you are finishing up a drug class, they can test to make sure you are clean.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!