Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I need some ask some question

Customer Question

i need some ask some question
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one of my partner in usa keep threating me he complain about me in FBI because i took his money . now i am in out of country going back soon. can his allegation charged me criminal charge when i am in out of country
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That totaly false what ever his allegation . he is giving me lots of torture when i am here. Can FBI involved this kind of allegation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its more than 10 minutes
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Yes, he can try to press charges against you even if you are out of the country, and a warrant could issue for your arrest which you can discover when you try to come back.
On the other hand, if what he claims you've been doing, you have been doing to him from outside of the country, then the police could not charge you with anything. The place where the crime is being committed is the place that has jurisdiction over the crime. Put in simpler terms, that means to get charged with a crime in the US, you have to first commit that crime in the US. If you committed it from abroad, you cannot get arrested for it in the US.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can i find out. if i come back what can i do in airport. That only allegation. i didnot do anything wrong. Do i need to hire lawyer before i come down there or how can i find they issue warrant or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is from inside usa
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Then yes. He can try to charge you.
Can you give me more information on what he claims you did? Is he a business partner?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i was helping him and business name on his name but i was managing and get profit. He has motel and he did bankruptcy . i found private lender and get refinance. now he need to do refinance . i am in out of country. he is getting crazy and giving me hard time . i took his money and every thing . he want to charge for me. i didnot do any thing wrong. even he took lots of thing for my credit in his motel. my name still use on his business like electric bill and water bill. because they don't give on his name when he did bankruptcy.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
This sounds as if you were trying to save the company. If/when he tries to report it to the police, they will probably tell him that it is a civil and not a criminal matter.