CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

Need a appointment Public Defender .W.I for

Customer Question

Need a appointment for a Public Defender for D.W.I for Delphina ****. x
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Do you have a legal question? I would be happy to provide you with information to help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a public defender?
This is not the office of the Public Defender. I am a criminal defense attorney and can answer questions for you but we are not public defenders.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get a public defender in Clovis, New Mexico? I have been trying to call all day but I have not received a call back. I need a public defender by today.
Why do you need it by today? Do you have court today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Judge wants me to get a public defender by today, from Clovis, NM. But i live in Espanola NM. And I cant make it back out there by today.
Is your case pending in Clovis? I am trying to understand what is going on and why a Judge wants you to get an attorney from another county.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got arrested in Portales, New Mexico and the Judge ordered me to get a public defender by 6/5/15.
Thank you but this does not make sense. The reason why I say this is because the public defender is appointed by the court. When you would have appeared, you would have needed to ask the court to appoint you one. If you got arrested in Portales, that is the court that had jurisdiction and where you need to appear, so their county PD would have to represent you and take the case. A PD in a county where you reside would not represent you in a different county, since they are not employed by them.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much do u charge. I only get disability of 245.00
For legal representation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
We can not represent you. I can provide you with information and answer your questions, like I have already but the PD needs to be appointed if you can not afford to retain a private attorney.