Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I had a search warrant severed to my home an it was in my

Customer Question

hi I had a search warrant severed to my home an it was in my friends name he broke up with his girlfriend so she told the police that hangs out over but he wasn't here when police came jus me so they found lil bit over a gram of crack cocaine an scale an I know I shouldn't be dong this but this is all I have to make a living no one will hire felonys here in Tulsa ok. an this would make the third time this happened the first time wasn't in my name either an the second time was in my name that was only cause they didn't know who lived here an they want me to tell on four ppl an purchase drugs from them an they say they looking for guns in on a 6 yr. deferred
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the warrant was for the residence, but the officers had the incorrect information on there, such as the name of the person on the warrant was not correct, then this can be a basis to challenge the warrant in court for them lacking proper probable cause for the warrant.
I would not make any statements and would not agree to any deals until your attorney seeks to challenge the warrant. The fact that this is the third time and the police keep coming there looking for someone else would be part of the issue the attorney would raise in trying to get the search warrant thrown out. If the warrant is thrown out, the evidence goes with it and cannot be used against you.
I would suggest that if you say he's a good lawyer and he has handled two similar warrant cases for you, that you need to let him do his job and not make any deals with anyone to become an informant as they are suggesting to you.