How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3132
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son lost his license years and spent 14 months

Customer Question

My son lost his license for 13 years and spent 14 months in jail for 5 DUI's He has about 4 more years till he can get his license back.
He knows this is all his own fault but the problem is he can not get a job because he has no license and now has bad credit for his student loans he has and can not afford to pay them back because he only does odd jobs.
He has two bachelor degrees and they want experience to give him a job but no one will give him a chance.
When all this happened he was going through a bad time of depression and want to die, I know that is no excuse for all the drinking. Only by the grace of God he did not hurt anyone or himself.
Is there anything he can do to make his report be better if an employer checks on him
Thank you
Betty XXXX
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
I am not quite sure I understand the question:
"Is there anything he can do to make his report be better if an employer checks on him"
Are you basically asking what else he can do to show the employer that he is committed to sobriety?
Or, something else?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.