Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

On 5/29/2015 I was arrested os 3 Probation violation warrants.

Customer Question

On 5/29/2015 I was arrested os 3 Probation violation warrants. I posted bail and was released. Today 6/1/2015 I go to Courthouse and make payment on my fines and get arrested agaih on Probation violation for same reason and post bail again! I hold myself responsible and don't blame anyone but myself for putting myself in this situation. But I was wronged and feel like I was done an INJUSTICE! I might not have all my rights as a Citizen while on Probation but to get RAILROADED like this, no way?!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, however, it's not just that you don't have all of your rights. You have virtually none. This is because you are a sentenced offender who has been given probation in lieu of a jail or prison sentence, and your liberty depends entirely on your total compliance with the department of probation, whether you agree with what they are requiring of you or not.
What probation and the system can't be, however, is arbitrary and capricious. There must be a valid basis for how they proceed against a probationer. That is why the most important right you have left is your right to a hearing on any violation. If you win this hearing because probation or the system and not you was at afault, then you may have grounds to sue for the injustice you experienced.