Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

My husband received a notice to appear assault charge

Customer Question

My husband received a notice to appear for an assault charge on 2 people yesterday. Now today the primary officer wants to drop these charges from ever becoming a case. What do we have this officer tell us and what does the officer need to sign to prove these charges won't come back on my husband?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** am a Florida licensed attorney and I will be glad to help you.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
While I cannot comment on your specific case, generally once the charges are filed, the officer does not make a decision whether the charges get dismissed or prosecuted, but it is up to the local state attorney's office to review the case and decide whether to prosecute or dismiss the charges, however the police officer can contact the state attorney's office and make his recommendation.
I wish you the best of luck!
Do you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.