Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I was convicted of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon

Customer Question

I was convicted of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon in 2003. I received 3 yrs probation due to it being my 1st offense AND ONLY offense. I had almost completed my probation, 3 weeks or so left. I then was pulled over one night and received a DUI charge. It was a refusal to blow, or comply to the roadside test. I then violated probation, by doing so. My expungement was then over seeded. I would like to know if there is a statue of limitations on this crime so I may receive my gun ownership rights back along with voting rights. I would sure appreciate an answer to help me, please. I don't want this following me for the rest of my life, over one incident. It was not a gun involved, just to let you know. Thank you!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
However, I need clarification.
Is there a statute of limitations on what exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Receiving my rights back to gun ownership having an assault w/ a deadly weapon (knife) on my record.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there, Samuel?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloYes, I am here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
There is no statute of limitations when you can apply to get your gun rights restored other than you will need to be crime free at least 5 years before you can apply.
You now have a new crime and if you are convicted that will mean you have to be crime free for 5 years from that conviction date
I apologize for the delay in my response and please let me know if you need clarification or have other questions in this regard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you speaking of the charge in North Carolina? I have an attorney on that matter and hoping to get it dismissed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You actually were pretty quick in your response.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Yes. The new DUI is a new crime. And to be eligible to get your gun rights restored, you need to be crime free for at least 5 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok and thank you. One more question. Since my lawyer in NC is only licensed for that state, should I go with the "Free Trial" that you all offer, since I might have more questions? I can cancel at anytime, correct?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you. I am not privy to any of the payment plans or subscriptions with this site. You need to use the Contact Us button to get information on payments.Keep in mind, however, that professionals on this site are precluded from representing customers of this site as per the Terms of Service of this site.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask and in that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Thank you for your help. I'll take care of that review. Have a good day.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You, too.