Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How do I get a case dismissed if the Judge has been found

Customer Question

How do I get a case dismissed if the Judge has been found guilty?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
Can you tell me a bit more about your situation? What was the judge guilty of? Was it related to your case? Was there a final disposition of your case, or is it still pending? How does the judge's guilt relate to the charges in your case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took a plea for misdemeanor attempt to false statement, because I needed to get closure to my case and no funds to pursue my innonce. The Judge in my case was convicted of selling weapons to the mexican mafia, and false statement to FBI, this is in Williamson County Court No. 2 Texas
What is the connection between your plea and the judge selling weapons / false statement to the FBI?
Did you see my follow up question to your issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's was under investigation for what I took a plea for during the time of my trail.
But you took a plea because you didn't have the funds to fight the matter, correct? That is, there's nothing that indicates that the wrongdoing of the judge had anything to do with your voluntary decision to plea guilty? In other words, I'm asking how would this have been different had you been assigned to a different judge?