Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Can doc petition to revoke probation prior to the probation

Customer Question

can doc petition to revoke probation prior to the probation sentence starting in mt? x
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the sentence is to begin june 22. probation and parole is holding a hearing June 8 to revoke that, when it hasnt even begun yet?
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
1) WHO has filed to revoke this - the prosecutor?
2) WHY - what has happened?
3) Is this for probation, OR, parole?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
probation and parole has filed this. defendant is currently on parole.parole ends June 22, and was sched to start a completely differant charge PROBATION sentence for a diff case june 23. he was caught using alcohol, etc,which violates the terms of this current sentence, that ends June 22. they are using that info to try and revoke this june 23 probation sentence
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
I understand the situation, however, I am going to opt out and open this up for other experts. I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.
Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.
My apologies for any inconvenience and good luck...