LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

My finance went to parole today BC he got a letter in the mail

Customer Question

My finance went to parole today BC he got a letter in the mail about being 70 behind and not getting his payment in on the 10th. I called up there the office was closed but I was told he went to jail. Is this something to get a lawyer for ? Its $70 but he did pay it this sat with his debit card.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your fiancee's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Yes, you really should get a local defense attorney for your fiancee. If there is an error and the payment was paid on time, the lawyer can help prove it and to get your boyfriend released.
But because this is a probation violation, he just can’t bail out like he could with a typical criminal charge. He will generally be held until the parole revocation hearing---which could be weeks or even months.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug