Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My husband got sentenced in Colorado with a misdemeanor and

Customer Question

my husband got sentenced in Colorado with a misdemeanor and had to register as a sex offender. He is finished with everything plus his 5 years and can de-register. We talked to an attorney in Colorado who can help us but wants us to talk to an Oregon attorney to see what Oregon laws are. So my question is I need to know what Oregon requires so we can get this done and out of his life.
Thanks,
Carrie
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.The Oregon law is at this Link. And if he meets the crieteria then he can petition the court to be Relieved of Registration.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
And he has to obtain the relief from the state of Conviction. So it needs to be filed in Oregon.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
The Motion for Relief must be accompanied by an Affidavit of Eligibility.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
You can check with the clerk of the court to see if they have forms for this or if your attorney will need to draft them for you to file.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Also ask the clerk about the filing fee. It should be $189 or there about. Once it is filed, it will need to be served onto the District Attorney. They have an opportunity to oppose it.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
The District Attorney has 90 days to file an objection. So a hearing on the matter will not take place until after the 90 days
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
If you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know here. Otherwise, I appreciate a Positive rating as that is the only way I can get credit for my time and information.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
State of conviction is colorado not Oregon
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello Carrie,Your question was "So my question is I need to know what Oregon requires so we can get this done and out of his life. Thanks, Carrie" And now you want what information re Colorado, please?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
"... who can help us but wants us to talk to an Oregon attorney" That was your statement and why I provided the Oregon information. And I can provide information re Colorado, but what is it you need exactly, since you said you talked to a CO attorney.