CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Customer Question

I was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. I was teaching my 15 year old to drive when she had an automobile accident. No one else was hurt, she didn't crash into anyone, it was a one car accident. She didn't have her permit at the time of the accident. She was charged with driving without being licensed and I was charged with allowing an unlicensed person to drive and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Today, her driving without being licensed charge was dismissed. How does that affect my charges?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. It would not have affect your charges. The reason being is that a criminal offense was still committed. Even though the prosecutor agreed to dismiss her case ( for whatever reason), you still allowed her to drive without a license and contributed, since you allowed her to do this, with your knowledge, when it was illegal. You would still have to defend both charges and the fact that her charge was not prosecuted, does not excuse the fact that it happened.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!