CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

My son past away this year. Was fighting cancer,bipolar,and

Customer Question

My son past away this year. Was fighting cancer,bipolar,and deeply into drugs. I had him and his girlfriend stay at my house.one morning he and his girlfriend where gone.before they left they emptied my garage and stole jewelry,important documents,cameras,antiques
and much more. Before he died he contest to steeling all of my belongings and gave me his drivers license and storage keys. He said his girlfriend will take me to his storage.once he passed away.his girlfriend said to me she is going to transfer the storage
to her name.she never told me where is this storage. Please help.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern and am sorry about your loss. What happened is criminal. You can make it clear to his girlfriend that neither she nor him, have any legal right to possess or take these items and they must be returned. Moreover, if she does not, you will go to the police, file a report and have her arrested and charged for the theft. I am inclined to believe that the total value is a lot, so she would be facing criminal charges. If she fails to respond or cooperate, then you have every legal right to go to the police, tell them what happened, provide them with her name and allow them to investigate the matter and charge her.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!