Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Police are wanting to talk to me on my side of the criminal event that took place they ar

Customer Question

police are wanting to talk to me on my side of the criminal event that took place they are trying to build a case still asking relative if they want to make a statement in case this goes to an arrest and then trail . now the offeicers are saying if i dont call them they are going to arrest me they just want to talk is what they are telling my relatives (WHAT SHOULD I DO I WAS TOLD NOT TO TALK TO THE POLICE WITHOUT A ATTORNEY BUT I CANT GET ANY YET CAUSE OF MONEY ?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard If they have enough probable cause they will arrest you. So if you talked to them you may be giving them information that they can turn into probable cause. While they may have all they need now to arrest you, I suggest you do not want to talk to the police or anyone else about any criminal investigations until you have an attorney present.And while you cannot afford one, if you are arrested, you should remain silent. Say nothing other than I want an attorney. And in that case, they will need to bring in a public defender to be with your during questioningPlease NOTE that I can only provide informational answers to what you ask Therefore, if you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information. Thank you