Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer
17897874

My name is***** have a DHL parcel containing

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** have a DHL parcel containing an International Draft for $125,000 drawn out of the Central Bank of Benin Republic, that was payable to me, and sent by Banque Internationale du Benin. I checked it online, found out that the DHL Activity Report was "Embargo on Parcel at Dayton Airport, Ohio. LACK OF IMMUNITY TARG AT DAYTON AIRPORT, OHIO". I emailed the bank manager of Banque Internationale du Benin to inform him, just this afternoon. Can you please advise me what are the required documents that I should prepare? I am waiting for a call from either the DHL branch in Dayton, OH, or from US Customs- Dayton, OH. My email is:***@******.***, my cell:(###) ###-#### ***** you so much.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.
Hi Manny. What is the source of this draft? Why are you being paid?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is a loan proceeds that I have been following since 2013, it was held-up by Interpol- London pending payment of the "International Transfer Permit Certificate". I have complied with this payment and I have copy of the certificate on file.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Manny, this has all the earmarks of a common internet scam. Were you solicited via email or over the internet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have my Benin lawyer's affidavit submitted to the US Intelligence Department located in Cotonou, Benin.It is not a scam coz the parcel is already here in the USA at Dayton, Ohio's customs processing area
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And there is no money requested from me. All I need to know is... are there any documents that I need to prepare to send over
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
You may have a package, but there is no legitimate bank draft. Nor does the US Intelligence Dept (whatever that is) involve itself in personal loans.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a DHL parcel
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
There are no documents for you to send because there is no loan.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
DHL may have a parcel, but there is no legitimate bank draft in it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also have a copy of the Bank Draft
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just want to know if you are familiar with this customs' requirement?
"Lack of Immunity TARG"
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
No, that is nonsensical. It is a setup to request fees from you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks a lot. All I need to know about your familiarity with this customs' note "lack of immunity targ at dayton airport, ohio. okay thank you, bye.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you.  A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.