Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Michael, I received public urination summons last week (16-118 (6)) and I'm in

Customer Question

HI Michael,
I received public urination summons last week (16-118 (6)) and I'm in the process of getting my green card.
I wonder if it makes sense to fight it or just send a check tomorrow (10th day since the offence) and have it over with. I don't know how big of an impact it may have.
Thanks,
Pawel
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard since the professional you requested is not available at this time
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloI suggest this is a simple citation that does not carry a record. I suggest you can pay the fine and be done and because there is no Felony Conviction it will not affect your ability to get the GC
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
The section of the code you were charged with is a violation as opposed to being cited with a crimePlease NOTE that I can only provide informational answers to what you askTherefore, if you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know.Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
two more question...
1. i received a summons for open container in december but police failed to provide evidence and summons got canceled before the court date , this will not be counted as repeated offence correct (my first two tickets in life, 32y old)
2. if i go to court is there a chance that if i plea guilty i can get a worse sentence than 50$ and administrative violation (i sot of hope the police will fail to provide evidence or policeman wont show up)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last one...sorry...I am a banker, this shouldn't impact any of my records, correct?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello1 - Correct It will not because a - It is only a violation AND b - He does not have a conviction. Only convictions count as Subsequent offenses2 - No there is no jail time. But you will be assessed court fees along with the fine which now as it stands is only $50. Your court costs court be higher than just the fine in addition to the fine.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
3 - Correct. It is only a violation and will not appear on any criminal records.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
If you were charged 153.09, public urination is a Misdemeanor, which is a CRIME under New York Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
But fortunately, you were only cited with a violation and not a crime.