Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I have severed my sentence can my po make me have a breatheralizer

Customer Question

I have severed my sentence can my po make me have a breatheralizer on my truck after I have done my time.I think that this is double jeobardy.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard. It is not double jeopardy because ignition lock device is part of the terms of your probation, which is you read the terms of your probation you are directed to follow any and all lawful directives of your PO. Please NOTE that I can only provide informational answers to what you ask Therefore, if you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your input but what give the right of the po to give a sentace without going in front of a judge
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
The terms and conditions of the probation are what are going to matter. You need to read those terms and many times it is stipulated in those documents that upon evaluation, the PO may direct to have the interlock, etc and a list of other conditions.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
In other words, the court has then left it up to the PO after an evaluation.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Also, Let me add that the Probation office must have guidelines and standards to follow when deciding who will be required an interlock. They cannot simply willy nilly decide one over the other. So you should ask for those guidelines and standards.