Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Is it legal to have an expired license in Florida if you have

Customer Question

Is it legal to have an expired license in Florida if you have a not expired drivers license
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
Sorry...I do not understand what you mean by
Are you saying you have a license that was expired but you had it renewed by the state that issued it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a valid florida driver licence.also an expired Fla.drivers licence. Police said it's ilegal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
FL law requires you turn in your old license when you get the new one...did this not happen? IF not, why not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fla. DMV gave it back to me
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks...so what is the question then...are you asking if you can keep the expired card?