Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

If interlock is installed in NC, can the monthly calebration be done i

Customer Question

If interlock is installed in NC, can the monthly calebration be done in Fl assuming interlock company has offices in both states? I 've been told by Smart Start Interlock folks that the monthly calebration must be done in NC per NC requirements.
Seems unreasonable if you have moved to Fl.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, the NC DMV or the NC court has to approve her moving to FL and has to actually approve FL monitoring and calibration of the interlock device. A person under an interlock cannot just move their device to another state without approval of the DMV or the court.
So, you need to have her attorney go back to the DMV first and if they will not approve the transfer then the NC Court, and they have to ask them to agree to transfer the monitoring and calibration to FL before the company will agree to do so.