Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I would like to go on vacation to Hawaii.I am a convicted sex

Customer Question

I would like to go on vacation to Hawaii.I am a convicted sex offender tier 1(lowest in my state).I was put on probation for 5 years back in 2005.My probation obligation is done.I would like to know what my registration requirements are in Hawaii if I am just going for a 10 day vacation and returning home.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardWithin three working days after arrival in a county in which the sex offender resides or expects to be present for a period exceeding 10 days, he or she must register in person with the county chief of police having jurisdiction of the area in which he or she resides or is present.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so if I go to 1 island for 5 days and another for 5 days in 2 different counties I would not be obligated to register correct?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
That is correct. That means if you are not establishing a residence and are leaving within the 10 day period, then you do not need to register. But if you stay one day longer than the 10 days you are out of compliance.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Please note that I can only answer what you ask. If you have other questions, please let me know.Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating here as that is how i get credit for my time and informationThank you
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Please note that I can only answer what you ask. If you have other questions, please let me know.
Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating here as that is how i get credit for my time and information
Thank you