How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26299
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I make payments on past due court costs/I need to make

Customer Question

How can I make payments on past due court costs/I need to make two or three payments because I can't pay all 1200 dollars at once
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.
I believe I answered this previously but will try again. In Florida, you need to speak with the clerk of court and ask to set up a payment plan. You can do this in Monday, when they open. Moreover, when the court issues the court costs, you should have asked the Judge for an extension of time to pay these court costs and fines, so you could have received 60 or 90 days to do so. If the clerk is unwilling to allow a payment plan, then you would want to file a motion with the court, asking the Judge to allow you X amount of days to pay, so you can save up and make 1 payments.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Related Criminal Law Questions