CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

How can I make payments on past due court costs/I need to make

Customer Question

How can I make payments on past due court costs/I need to make two or three payments because I can't pay all 1200 dollars at once
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.
I believe I answered this previously but will try again. In Florida, you need to speak with the clerk of court and ask to set up a payment plan. You can do this in Monday, when they open. Moreover, when the court issues the court costs, you should have asked the Judge for an extension of time to pay these court costs and fines, so you could have received 60 or 90 days to do so. If the clerk is unwilling to allow a payment plan, then you would want to file a motion with the court, asking the Judge to allow you X amount of days to pay, so you can save up and make 1 payments.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!