Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

In Pennsylvania all the information that I can find online

Customer Question

In Pennsylvania all the information that I can find online about distribution of marijuana starts at 2-10 pounds. Can you please clarify distribution of less than 2 pounds?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In Philadelphia
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer. In Pennsylvania, all marijuana possessory offenses are misdemeanors if the amount would be consistent with personal use. If the facts and circumstances of the possession, however, make out the intent to sell, then it would be a felony unless the amount of drugs possessed was under 30 g and no money was exchanged. There's no weight cut off for a distribution of less than 2 pounds but over 30 g. Whether it would be charged as a felony or not would be determined by the facts and circumstances involved in the case to determine if the marijuana could be used for personal use. If the facts make out the intent to sell, it will be charged as a felony.