Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

How many days is allowed from one county to

Customer Question

how many days is allowed for extradition from one county to another county in the state of Wyoming before all charges will be dropped?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.The extradition laws do not apply between counties within the same state and therefore there are no specific time limits within which one county must pick up a prisoner from another county.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
In addition, even in cases where the extradition laws apply (between states) it doesn't mean the charges are dropped or dismissed, if a person is not picked up within the time limits, it just means that the person can get released from jail on a bond.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
In a case where one county doesn't pick up a prisoner being held by another county the remedy would be for the county to release the prisoner on bond, it wouldn't result in the charges being dropped.