Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

My childs father. Guilty of possession of firarme prohibited

Customer Question

Hi my childs father. Guilty of possession of firarme prohibited F2 ...its says on docket records sentence type 61056a1confiment. But it says other for how much time has to do could u explain wat is other please but
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It says the length time he could get but under his sentences it says other for how much time wat does other means im going to send picture. It under possession of firearm prohibited. ..
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I send a picture that describes what im trying to explain
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im send pictures again
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
I see what you're talking about but that is a description used by that particular program and is not something that is statewide. What it usually means is that there can be additional restrictions imposed such as classes, rehab, etc.Most of them have "other" in that category if it is a felony.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He got an F2 he been locked up since 2013 he was on state parole for carry a gun without lincense so do that mean he goes to a program instead of jail ..just trying to understand
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Was he sentenced in October of 2014 as that report indicates?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He was sentence 4 / 28/ 15
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He been in state custody since 2013 till this cases was over on 4 / 30/15
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
No, the other just means that the state prison system can require him to attend counseling or other types of programs while he is there. That records indicates he was sentenced on April 30, 2015 but plead guilty in October 2014. Did he have other charges?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
And is he still in jail or prison?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now he at Philadelphia prison system instead of state custody wat does that mean
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Normally a person sits in a local/county jail for a period of time before they are sent to the state prison system. There is no real difference as far as the time because he still receives the same credit, etc.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
It is just his actual location that is different.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The overall questions is what is his actual sentence
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
That document has the end of the sentence cut off. It looks like 4 years 6 months but I'm not sure about the 6 months part because it is cut off.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
The "other" doesn't add to or take away from his sentence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The sentence length says 4 years 6 months max 9 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They gave him time serve for 2 years
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Then it is between those amounts. The maximum he could have been sentenced to for a felony 2 is 10 years but he was actually sentenced to no less than 4 1/2 years to 9 years and then he will get credit for the time he has already been in jail.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
I credited you with a few extra minutes of free time. This is a new feature the website has so if you have any additional questions you need to ask them before the timer runs out.If your question has been answered completely then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.