How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 24466
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In need a lawyer to help me deal with my first offenders. I'm

Customer Question

In need a lawyer to help me deal with my first offenders. I'm off probation, but I did have a weapons possession a and sale of a controlled substance on my first offenders and after the first offenders I also got a different and possion of marijuana and dui five years later Can I get my gun rights back?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer. Unfortunately, Georgia is one of the less forgiving states when it comes to restoring civil rights. They do not expunge convictions.You get your voting rights restored automatically when you have completed your sentence. But for everything else, including your gun rights, you are going to need a pardon from the governor.You can apply for the pardon from the Georgia State Board of Pardons and Parole. I have linked you to their site. You'll find a link for Pardons on the left. If you succeed in getting the pardon, the pardon must specifically specify that you have them back.There are lawyers who specialize in the restoration of rights, if you are uncomfortable with do-it-yourselfl-lawyering.Here's the form for the pardon/restoration of your rights.