Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I am meeting family in Las Vegas and am on felony probation

I am meeting family in Las Vegas and am on felony probation for DUI. My PO has approved the trip but said I have to report to the Las Vegas Sheriff dept that I am visiting there. I was wondering if I needed to report to them if the felony was for a dui?

Samuel II :

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to discussing this and providing you information in this regard

Samuel II :

While Nevada/Las Vegas does not have a specific law that would require it, the fact is you are on probation and as such must adhere to all your probation officers directives because they are ultimately responsible for you

Samuel II :

So it the PO is saying you have to report to the sheriff, then you have to do that because that is your PO's safety mechanism for continued supervision while you are out of state

Samuel II :

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated

Customer:

Thanks for the info. can you expand a little on where I report? or do I have to look that up?

Samuel II :

Hello

Samuel II :

You will need to report to the sheriff in the county where you are staying.

Samuel II :

I suggest

Samuel II :

however, that you talk to your PO and so you are both on the same page with where you are expected to report

Samuel II :

because the PO should have made a call to that sheriff department advising you would be there

Customer:

Ok Thanks

Samuel II :

You are welcome

Samuel II :

And hey, have a great time

Samuel II :

Love Vegas!

Customer:

Thanks