Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

What is the time limit on arraignments to indictments in Mississippi,

What is the time limit on arraignments to indictment's in Mississippi, did they change this law in 2012?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The MS law on arraignments has not changed and the defendant must be brought before the court for arraignment unless it is waived on a misdemeanor or waived in person on a felony charge within 48-72 hours from their arrest.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My brother was busted and arrested for a parole violation. He was getting meth for a friend. But was clean. They did no blood test. He was wondering about the time because he was hoping it had expired. What do you think?

Thank you for your question and clarification.

Parole violations are a bit different than an arrest for a new charge. It does not matter why he was getting meth or that he was clean, that act of getting it for a friend would be a parole violation and revocation of parole does not get bail or an arraignment. He would get arraignment on the new charge for purchasing the meth if they charged him with that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HEY remember me our conversation ? I have further questions?

Thank you for your new questions. As a subscription customer, please open a new question and ask for me as the site rules have changed and only allow you to leave feedback one time per thread. I will pick up your new question as long as you start it out with "For Law Educator Only..."
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

for law educator, ESQ only. Question on imprisionment, indictment and arrainments.

thank you I have it in your new question.