Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.

Do cops usually show up at a bond hearing?

My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

It depends on the case. One of the factors regarding your level of bond is whether or not you are likely to be convicted. If the DA feels the bond should not be lowered, then he / she may very well subpoena the officers involved in the case to testify just as they would at trial.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If bond gets denied, do they keep showing up at every bond hearing?

They show up as long as the DA thinks he might need them to testify.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What if the "victim" asks them to testify, not the DA?

It does not matter. If the DA is willing to call them as witnesses because the victim requests it, then that's all that matters.

There are no rules about when police officers can and cannot testify at a criminal hearing as long as they are testifying about what they observed during the alleged incident.