Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

in nv and a family member was granted house arrest where you

in nv and a family member was granted house arrest where you reside what are probation officers allowed to search and are they allowed to search your room even if ur not the one on house arrest and not home with locked door

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

An offender on house arrest has been sentenced and has agreed to abide by certain conditions in order to ensure his continued liberty. One such condition is that his premises to random search. When a non-offender agrees to let someone on parole, probation or house arrest in with him, his own rights can get substantially abridged. There are things he is allowed that the offender is not, and their presence in the household can cause the offender to be violated by the authorities and forced to finish out his sentence in jail

All of this is a roundabout way of saying that yes, probation can search the whole house, whether you are home or not or whether the probationer is home or not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

understandable but i wasnt the one who agreed my mother did for my daughter. i rent room in house and keep my bedroom door locked

I understand. But if probation believes your daughter has acccess to your room they will want to see what's in there. I don't know that they would break down a locked door, but they still can ask you to leave it open in the future. You don't have to agree to that, of course, but then they don't have to agree to let your daughter live there either.