Nate, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 10 years of criminal defense practice.
11217539

Can someone press charges on soliciting a without

Can someone press charges on soliciting a prostitute without an actual arrest?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

Solicitation can be prosecuted in a multiple of ways. If you could, please provide some more details about what happened and I will be happy to offer some expertise.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This person found old texts on an old phone to certain women with suggestive but not explicit requests. They intend to press charges saying I solicited a prostitute. They photo copied the texts but do not have the actual phone. What do they need to make a real prosecution?
Any evidence that weighs toward the solicitation can be used, including text messages. However, solicitation is a very minor crime in the grand scheme of things. Unless the texts explicitly offer money for a sexual act, it is a remote chance of prosecution. Based on what you've described, in my decade of criminal defense experience, there is virtually no chance the police would pursue a solicitation charge in this kind of circumstance.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!