Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Criminal Justice Degree, JD with Criminal Law Concentration. Worked for the DA and U.S. Attorney.

I was wondering what is "SEX EXPLOIT MINOR 3RD DEGREE" in North

I was wondering what is "SEX EXPLOIT MINOR 3RD DEGREE" in North Carolina in plain terms. The person that committed the crime was 38 when it happened. I just want to make sure my kids are safe, since the person lives right next door.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Third degree sexual exploitation of a minor means that a person was convicted of possessing child pornography. It does not mean that he was convicted of committing any physical sex acts against a child.

if you want more information on the specific crime, you could try contacting the courthouse where the case was heard and asking what information, if any, is part of the public records that you would be allowed to see.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.