Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Experience:  OHIO//Texas Attorney Civil/Crimnal Practice
14472836

I know someone who sometimes used his employers credit card

I know someone who sometimes used his employer's credit card for his own use. (In Florida). He no longer works there (let go for another reason)

The card was in one of the board member's name, with my friend as an authorized signer. The HOA paid the bills.

The credit card company called this board member a few days ago, and alerted him to possible credit card fraud. Board member told credit card company to pay the charges.

My question is: who can press charges in this scenario? Can the management company that the employee used to work for press charges? HOA? This individual board member?

Thank you.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

Whomever is paying the bill can sue to get their money back. If this was a corporate card then the management company can sue the employee for a refund and potentially file criminal charges. The management company can also sue the board member for reimbursement.

The board member can sue the former employee to get his money at the same time the management company sues the board member.

Note the HOA can sue the management company to get its money back.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The card was not a corporate card-it was in board member's name and bill paid by homeowners association.

I suppose the management company can call other mgmt companies and tell them what happened-even though there is no proof at this point?

In that case the HOA can sue the Board member for submitting a fraudulent bill. The board member can sue the former employee for misusing the card.